The submission period for strategy's PR Agency of the Year is from 9 a.m. on June 28 to 11:59 p.m. on July 18, 2017.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Please read this section to help the submission process go as smoothly as possible.
Please start uploading your cases as early as possible. The sooner you start, the more time you’ll have to overcome any glitches that might occur.
Consult your production/tech staff to avoid file and text formatting issues when uploading files. For instance, your written case studies will be cut and pasted into a text field. This text should not have any special characters, formatting, tables, images, smart quotes or other bells and whistles. Also, all image files should be “browser ready” – that is, optimized for web viewing. If a .jpg can’t be viewed or brings up an error message when it’s dragged and dropped into an open browser (ie. Firefox) window, it’s not browser ready.
Please submit the materials for your three campaigns as follows. Submissions which do not strictly adhere to the following will not be passed on to the judges.
Three written case studies:
Submit three case summaries representing work that you have done for three different clients.
Each submission should only include work from one distinct case, and each submission must be for a different client. This means that you can only submit one case per brand: for instance, if you submit a plan for Bud, you can’t also submit for Bud Light.
Each entry should be accompanied by a summary outlining the strategic approach taken and the thinking behind the execution. These summaries should be approximately 500 to 750 words long, and should adhere to the following outline:
• The client name and official campaign/project name: please ensure these are spelled correctly
• The timing of the campaign: include launch date and period in market(s)
• The goal: the brief as presented by the client, and any initial challenges
• The target: who the campaign needs to reach
• Insights and strategy: the brilliant idea, the niche to fill
• The plan: the execution, the imaginative work done
• The results: numbers supporting the case
• Partner involvement: other agencies involved in the campaign, their role and contributions
• Supplementary information (confidential): include any confidential information (not for publication) under this separate, optional header *
These files must be organized according to the content headers outlined above.
Please be aware that edited versions of these summaries could be published in strategy magazine’s Agency of the Year issue and on the awards website.
Click the link below to read about last year’s winners.
*Note: You may include supplementary confidential information in the submission that you feel will assist the judges in considering the work. Any material clearly marked as confidential will not be reproduced or distributed beyond the judging panel, provided it is clearly marked as such. Confidential material is supplementary, in addition to the case content as specified above. All other material will be considered fit to print.
Please also include the following information: agency contact person name, email, and phone number; staff count; new talent hires, client wins and industry involvement (if applicable) within the past 12 months.
Images and video:
You will need to include at least three high-res images (300 dpi, see below) to accompany your cases, to potentially be published in strategy. Because we’re a magazine, we ask that you avoid screen grabs of websites. Remember, this is for print, so make sure it’s something nice to look at. If your case isn’t visual-heavy and you’re having trouble coming up with images, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also include a video summary of the case (though this is not required) and any other videos you feel are relevant.
*No single file should be larger than 100 MB in size.
*Upload files in batches of <100MB at a time.
1) Video files should be submitted in H.264 MPEG-4 video in .mp4 file format. Below are the specs for mp4:
• File format: H.264 MPEG-4 video
• File size: Maximum 1GB
• Aspect ratio: 4:3 NTSC (640x480) or 16:9 NTSC (720x404, 720p, 1080p)
• Frame rate: Up to 30 frames per second (constant frame rate)
• Profile: Main Profile Level 3.1
• Audio: AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio
2) All image files must be converted to JPG files as follows:
• Minimum depth: 300 dpi
• Minimum size: 800 x 600 pixels
• Include only one print or OOH ad per image file
• Save image files as RGB, not CMYK, when creating in Photoshop
• Please ensure all JPGs are “browser ready” and optimized for web viewing
• Keep captions short and sweet for best results on the page
3) All audio files must be converted to QuickTime Audio files as follows:
• Stereo sound
• Include only one per file.
Troubleshooting: If your file is in the correct format but you are receiving an error message when uploading, make sure that the file name does not contain any special characters (periods, commas, number signs, etc.). Try renaming the file and uploading again.
4) PDF format files are also accepted as “Summary (other)” files, but please note that this is in addition to, not in place of, the written summary above. Word docs cannot be uploaded – they must be pasted into the text field provided.
Some final requests
1) In our Agency of the Year issue, we feature full-colour group photographs of the winning agencies. Some agencies take traditional photos, some choose to have a bit more fun with them. We would ask that you arrange to have such a group photo taken at the earliest opportunity. This photo can be uploaded to the submissions site along with the case-related materials.
2) Any material you submit, with the exception of written material clearly marked as confidential, may be reproduced in strategy and on our website. You should have already received your release form in an email from Mark Burgess. Please scan your release form to a PDF and e-mail to email@example.com by the deadline. This serves as both your guarantee that you have client permission to share all information contained with both the jury and strategy magazine, as well as your release of this material to strategy for reproduction in the magazine, online and in promotional materials, as well as at the gala event.
3) Please also upload your agency logo as a separate TIFF or JPG file in the field provided on the submissions site, meeting the image file specifications outlined above.
The entry fee is $500, payable during the submission period once the cases are uploaded. This is the cost per agency for each award category, not per case (so if an agency is entering both AOY and DAOY, the total cost will be $1,000).
You will be prompted to pay these fees by Visa, Mastercard or AMEX.